Sunday, April 7, 2013

Let's Make A Deal!

     Sorry for the delay in posting. My power has been on and off for some time now. Mostly off.  And for some unknown reason my internet connection has been almost non existent. Uploading has been pretty much impossible. But as the saying goes "This is Uganda". I promise there are several posts coming in the shortest order that connectivity will allow.

     I finally got a local P.O. Box up and running.  My group inherited it from some COSing volunteers.  COS stands for "Completion Of Service".  We're just nutty for acronyms here in the PC. I have had some test mail sent and it found its way here.  It took a month but it made it.  So here is my proposal.  Send me a letter. You can just say hi or whatever you like. If you feel like dropping some bank send a package. Not necessary but it would be totally appreciated.  Sending a letter to Uganda from the US cost $1.05.  If you send me a anything, even just a post card, I will send you a letter back and include some Ugandan Shillings.  A nice crisp bill or a shabby village bill. Your choice.  How does that sound? I think it could be fun.  Money here is really colorful and has gorillas and other interesting things on it.

My address is,

Loren G. Evans
P.O. Box 1117
Mbale, Uganda, Africa.

It might take a few months to receive your Shillings.  Please be patient.  I hope you decide to send me something.  It would make my day.  There is more content coming soon. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment